Have you recently been diagnosed as having Celiac’s Disease or gluten intolerant?
Here is our Gluten free Survival Guide made just for you! This is packed full of information and resources to get you started on your gluten free journey. And, here is a Quick, Printable guide you can use as you get started on your GF diet.
Here are some other things you might want to know.
What NOT to eat (partial list)
- barley, rye, triticale (a wheat and rye hybrid)
- wheat (durum, graham, kamut, semolina, spelt)
- Malt vinegar
- Oats – because of wheat cross contamination – there are GF oats that are ok
- malt flavoring- this will be listed under ingredients, but products containing this don’t always state that they contain gluten.
- anything with “may contain gluten” on the food label
- flour, white or wheat
- Bacon containing gluten. Yes, some flavorings have gluten in them. Check your labels….
- Sauces and marinades – check them yourself. Don’t just take someone’s word that they are GF
- Communion wafers
- Finger paint (while most of us don’t EAT this, kids do use it, so be careful)
- rice krispy treats (its hidden in the “other flavorings” section)
Foods you CAN eat (naturally safe- partial list)
Candy bars that are safe (partial list)
- Dove chocolate bars
- 3 Musketeers
Safe Cereal (partial list)
- Chex cereals (Except for Wheat Chex)
Other Safe foods (partial list)
- Distilled products
- nut flours
Eat with Caution (partial list)
- medications and prescriptions (over the counter)
- thickeners (roux)
- Herbal supplements
- Imitation seafood (ex. crab)
- Imitation bacon